12 Things “Pretty in Pink” Taught Us
1. When the “cool” boy at school is horribly mean to you, it’s because he’s secretly in love with you.
Subtext: I want you but I know I can’t have you, and it kills me.
2. No matter what age you are, a heartbreak is one of the hardest things to get over.
3. The best antidote for unrequited love is dancing your heart out to Otis Redding.
4. Awkward moments are awkward, and the only way out of them is to make-out.
5. Just because you’re a grown-up, doesn’t mean you have to be boring.
6. Blane is not a name, it’s an electrical appliance.
7. If you’re rich and trying to impress the quirky girl of your dreams, forget the nice restaurant…Just take her to a stable to make-out!
8. If you want to be an excellent kisser, practice on melons or something. Also, you’ll know a man has strong lips when you feel it in your knees/everywhere.
9. Courage is going to prom alone, wearing a dress you made yourself, and showing them that they didn’t break you.
10. This song is a great song to make-out to (especially if the guy you’re making out with has “strong lips”):
11. Andrew McCarthy was the dreamiest…
12. They don’t have a candy machine in the boys’ room.
- Prev: Yeah Flashback’s Hunk of the Week! Jonathan Taylor Thomas
- Next: The 7 Steps to Hearing the Words “Let’s Take a Break”