5 Awesome Things to Remember About Cory Monteith
Posted by Georgie on July 15, 2013
1. His favorite John Hughes movie was Uncle Buck.
The best, no question.
2. He was open about his past with substance abuse, insisting that he didn’t want his young fans to follow in his footsteps of dropping out of school:
“I don’t want kids to think it’s okay to drop out of school and get high, and they’ll be famous actors, too … But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it.”
3. He was proud, open, and giddy of his relationship with co-star and love Lea Michele. In an interview with Ellen in January of this year, he lit up when speaking about her:
4. His audition for Glee was incredibly unique, showing off his talent and sense of humor. For his audition, he taped himself playing the drums on some Tupperware! Obviously, this eventually won him the role of Finn Hudson on Glee. (He was also the drummer of Canadian band, Bonnie Dune.)
5. He made his girlfriend, Lea Michele, feel like she could do anything.
“No one knows me better than Cory,” Lea told Marie Clare in an interview in January. “No one knows what it’s been like to go through this more than he does. Feeling like you have that net underneath you allows you to jump higher and go farther. He makes me feel like I can do anything.”
“For the first time in my life, I feel really, really settled and happy. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.”
RIP. Clearly a warm-hearted, loving, beautiful individual, who will be very missed.